For gamers, every part and component of their computer system is highly critical and needs careful consideration.
This includes the motherboard of the PC. A popular choice these days is the LGA 1150 motherboard, which upgrades the system and enhances its performance tenfold.
However, the performance of your PC will only take a boost if you invest your money in the best LGA 1150 motherboard and not a cheap knock-off version.
To save you from getting scammed, I am sharing detailed reviews of the best LGA 1150 motherboards in this article.
Best LGA 1150 Motherboard – Top Picks
1. ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO Motherboard – Best LGA 1150 Motherboard 2015
Asus went out of their way with the Asus ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO Motherboard. They have incorporated every single feature in the nifty design of this mother that will ease the lives of users.
The best part is that all of the handy features are packed in an appealing body. The blend of black and red on the exterior gives this model of motherboard a drool-worthy look.
Furthermore, this model comes with a CPU socket of LGA 1150, along with a multitude of connectivity slots. The long list of slots includes 4 memory slots, M.2 slots, multiple USB ports, audio jacks, HDMI ports, and SATA ports.
Moreover, this model also comes with DDR3 RAM, with a maximum storage of up to 32 GB. The memory of storage capacity of the motherboard is 512 MB, and the memory speed is 1600 MHz.
In addition to that, this model of the motherboard has an ATX form factor which changes the game entirely. The ATX form factor of the motherboard enhances the performance of this model, all the while keeping the power consumption in check.
Another great perk of this model that I absolutely loved is that it is compatible with all types of PC.
So, installing the motherboard and connecting it to the system will not be an issue for you. Furthermore, the manufacturers have added the Supreme FX audio chip to the design of this motherboard.
The presence of this audio chip makes it possible for you to enjoy smooth audio while gaming without the nuisance of any distortion.
Whether you are a gamer who wants to upgrade his system or someone who does menial tasks on the PC, you need to add the Asus ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO Motherboard to your system.
The addition of this motherboard alone will open the gates to a multitude of benefits that will greatly enhance the performance of your PC.
2. ASUS Micro ATX LGA 1150 Motherboard B85M-G – Good LGA 1150 Motherboard
Asus has made quite a name in the world of technology, and that is because its products always hit the mark. The same is the case with the Asus Micro ATX LGA 1150 Motherboard B85M-G. This model of the motherboard is not something that you want to take lightly. It comes loaded with perks and benefits that will make your system leap.
First of all, this motherboard has quite a sleek design which is appealing to the eye. What else makes it eye-catching is the black and golden combination present in the exterior of this model.
Furthermore, this motherboard is the best LGA 1150 motherboard as it comes with DDR3 RAM with a memory speed of 1600 MHz.
In addition to that, this model also has not one but 4 memory slots. Along with that, Asus has incorporated multiple other connectivity slots in the design of this motherboard. This includes an HDMI port, audio jacks, multiple USB ports, and 4 SATA ports.
Furthermore, the memory storage capacity of this model is 1024 MBs. Moreover, this model comes with the advanced technology of AI Suite 3, which makes overclocking the CPU seem like a piece of cake.
Moreover, a nifty feature of this model of motherboard is that it comes with advanced cooling technology. The addition of Fan Xpert in the design of this motherboard allows you to control and customize the performance of the fan.
The best part is that you can also calibrate the noise level of the fan. Furthermore, this model has a Micro ATX form factor which brings the perks of a larger surface area, more airflow, and a compact design to the table.
If you do not want to spend a large sum of money on a motherboard, yet need great performance, then you need to go for the Asus Micro ATX LGA 1150. This model comes with advanced technology that allows you to easily overclock your CPU.
In addition to that, this motherboard also has Fan Xpert technology along with AI Suite 3 that altogether add a few extra stars to the design.
3. ASRock ATX FATAL1TY Z97 Killer Motherboard – Cheap LGA 1150 Motherboard
The ASRock ATX FATAL1TY Z97 Killer Motherboard is what I call the best LGA 1150 motherboard. This model of the motherboard is loaded with features that will take the performance of your CPU and PC to a whole new level.
However, technical features are not the only good thing about this motherboard. It also has quite an appealing exterior which is a mixture of black and red.
The combination alone makes this model worth the money, and when you take a closer look at the features, then this model easily becomes the best LGA 1150 motherboard.
This motherboard is compatible with Intel Celeron as well as Intel Pentium processors and the 4th, 5th generation Intel cores. Moreover, it is also compatible with all types of PC models available in the market.
It comes with DDR3 RAM that has a maximum memory storage capacity of 32 GB. Moreover, the memory speed of this model is 1333 MHz. The presence of 4 memory slots adds an additional star to the design of this motherboard.
In addition to that, this motherboard has a chipset of Intel Z97, and it is ideal for Core i7 CPU models.
Furthermore, this model is packed with multiple other connectivity ports, which was my personal favorite feature. It comes bearing 6 SATA3 ports, 6 USB 3.0 ports, 6 USB 2.0 ports, audio jacks, and 1 LAN port.
Furthermore, this model also comes with multiple PCI slots that include 1 PCI-Express 3.0 x16 slot, 1 PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slot, 2 PCI-Express 2.0 x1 slots, and 2x PCI slots.
Moreover, this crafty piece of technology has an ATX form factor which loads it up with additional perks. The motherboard has more power due to the ATX form factor, which means overclocking will be highly easy.
With the abundance of connectivity ports present in the design of this model of motherboard, hooking it to your system will not be a source of headache.
Moreover, the ASRock ATX FATAL1TY Z97 Killer Motherboard is one of the best LGA 1150 motherboards as it comes with an ATX form factor and has 32 GB RAM storage.
Read also: Best Motherboard for i7 4770k
Knowing that you need a newer model of LGA 1150 motherboard is a realization. The real deal and the difficult task is choosing the best and the right model of LGA 1150 motherboard from hundreds of options.
However, if you know what you need to buy, then the job gets easier. Read the factors below to know which model of LGA 1150 motherboard is suitable for you.
Maximum RAM Storage Capacity
The maximum RAM storage capacity seems like a smaller detail. However, this small detail greatly affects the performance of your motherboard and your PC.
If the model of motherboard you opt for does not have RAM with a larger capacity, you will not be able to run heavier games and other files on your PC.
On the other hand, if you get a model that comes with 32 GB RAM capacity, then you will be able to play different types of games smoothly.
Form Factor Of The Motherboard
The form factor of a model of motherboard is one of the most critical factors, in my opinion. There are three types of form factors ATX form factor, Micro ATX form factor, and Mini ITX form factor.
Each one of these form factors has a list of its own perks and benefits. However, in my opinion, the best type is the ATX form factor.
The ATX form factor is comparatively larger in size, but it is loaded with extra benefits. These benefits include the easier installation of components, a wide range of connectivity ports, more PCI slots, and higher power.
In addition to that, the ATX form factor has another benefit of auto shutdown in case of overheating, which makes it the best option, especially for people who overclock their CPUs.
Therefore, when you are searching for the best LGA 1150 motherboard, make sure to check the form factor of a model before you buy it and bring it home.
LGA 1150 CPU Socket
This goes without saying that if you are looking for the best LGA 1150 motherboard, then you need to make sure that the model you opt for should have an LGA 1150 CPU socket.
This feature makes sure that the model of motherboard you are investing in is compatible with your model of CPU. Therefore, this factor should not be neglected under any circumstances.
Easy To Overclock
Everybody who needs higher speed and enhanced performance overclock the CPU of their PC. However, if you own a model of motherboard that does not allow easy overclocking, this step becomes a headache.
This is why it is critical that you should go for a model of motherboard that allows you to overclock your CPU easily.
This is another critical factor that you need to consider at the time of purchase. The type and the number of connectivity ports present in the design of an LGA 1150 motherboard make or break the deal.
There are different types of ports that you need in order to work with a model of motherboard smoothly. These ports include SATA ports, PCI expansion slots, HDMI ports, LAN ports, USB ports, M.2 ports, and audio jacks.
If the model of the LGA 1150 motherboard you opt for does not have a sufficient number of these ports, your money will be wasted. This is why you need to make sure that the model you purchase for yourself should have a wide range of all of these connectivity ports.
What is the fastest LGA 1150 processor?
There are many models of processors that are compatible with the LGA 1150 motherboard.
However, the fastest LGA 1150 processor is the Intel Core i7-4790k. This model comes with a maximum speed of 4.1 GHz, which makes it ideal for gaming as well as day-to-day tasks.
Can I fit an LGA 1150 into an LGA 1151?
No, you can not fit an LGA 1150 into an LGA 1151. The socket of each model of the motherboard is different from the other, which is why it will not fit.
However, if by some miracle you fit it into the socket even then, it will not function properly as the chipset will be completely different.
Adding the right model of the motherboard into your system is a critical part if you want your PC to run smoothly without any glitches. This is why I have shared with you my thoughts in detail regarding the best LGA 1150 motherboards.
There is a detailed buying guide that will help you pick the most suitable model. I am also sharing my top recommendation if you are still unsure.
Asus ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO Motherboard has an ATX form factor, multiple connectivity ports, 1600 MHz memory speed, and a Supreme FX audio chip.
Check out some other Motherboard from Amazon also:
- ※Intel LGA 1150 socket: The H81 M-ATX motherboard is powered by the H81 chipset and supports Intel 4th generation Core i3/i5/i7, Xeon E3/V3 series, Celeron G series and Pentium G series processors. (Eg. Core i7-4790K, Core i5-4690K, Core i3-4160T, Xeon E3-1280 v3, Pentium G3260T, Celeron G1830, etc.)
- ※High-speed PCIE channel: PCIe 2.0 protocol standard, X16 channel bandwidth can reach 8GB/s. Meet the daily work and entertainment needs of players.
- ※Dual-channel DDR3 memory slots: 2 DDR3 Non ECC desktop memory slots, unbuffered, support effective frequencies of 1280/1333/1600/1866MHz, and a maximum capacity of 32GB.
- ※Stable power supply: Intel H81 computer motherboard is designed with three-phase power supply, all-solid capacitors, and 8+24-pin power supply interface to ensure the stable operation of each circuit in the motherboard.
- ※Notice: The SATA 3.0 interface and M.2 interface in this H81 motherboard are incompatible. If you need to use a SATA M.2 hard drive, then the two SATA 3.0 ports will not be available. If you want to use the SATA 3.0 interface, the M.2 interface will not be available. If you need to use the SATA 3.0 interface, you need to pull out the 4 black small parts on the right end of the M.2 slot and insert them into the right slot. If you need to use the M.2 slots, you don't need to move them.
- LGA 1150 CPU socket: B85 motherboard adopts LGA 1150 4th gen Intel socket, which can support intel i3/i5/i7 and Xeon E3 series processors with LGA1150 socket. (Eg Intel Xeon E3-1240 v3, E3-1275 v3, E3-1286 v3, E3-1285L v4, Core i7-4790K, etc.)
- B85 game chip: This micro atx motherboard lga 1150 is equipped with a B85 chipset, 6-layer PCB material, and server-level performance experience.
- High-speed interface: PCIe 2.0 X16 channel standard, the maximum available broadband standard is 8 GB/s. NVME M.2 hard disk interface, the transmission power is up to 32Gbps.
- HDMI-compatible interface: This Lga 1150 DDR3 motherboard comes with HDMI-compatible & VGA high-definition multimedia transmission interface, supports 4K resolution output, and 3D modeling. The transmission rate can reach 48Gbps.
- DDR3 dual-channel memory slot: The gaming intel motherboard intel supports dual-channel, Non-ECC, Unbuffered DDR3 memory. Support 800/1280/1333/1600mhz frequency type, the maximum memory capacity is 16G.
- 128GB Dual Channel Motherboard
- ATX form factor
- Chipset: Intel Z590 Express
- Ports: 4 x USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, 1 x USB3.2 Gen 2 Type-C, 1 x LAN RJ-45, 2 x WiFi-AP antenna jack, 1 x Digital audio out, 4 x USB3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 4 x USB2.0
- Backed by a 3 years manufacturers warranty
- 【Material】It is made of high quality materials with high performance and stable performance.
- 【Easy to Use】Support SATA port, small size, easy to install. It is easy to use and has high compatibility.
- 【Durable】The design of all capacitors, the power supply cooling block is more stable and durable than ordinary capacitors.
- 【High Performance】Make your computer run faster. Support more cores and provide better performance.
- 【Applicability】Suitable for smaller computer cases, leaving more space for your desktop.
- 🛡️12 USB ports ▷ ▶B250 motherboard comes with 11 PCIE X1 to PCIE X16 ports on board,1 PCIE X16 port ， you can use PCIE riser to establish connection between the motherboard and GPUs, supporting up to 12 GPUs, maximizing your mining connectivity and speed.
- 🛡️High Compatibility ▷ ▶Comprehensive support for NVIDIA 30/20/10 series GPUs, such as 3090/3080/3060/2080/1660, etc. Full support for AMD series GPU,such as 580/570/470/5700/6600/6700 etc. How to use 3060 graphics card correctly can refer to our user manual (electronic version).
- 🛡️LGA 1151 cpu socket ▷ ▶Compatible with Intel 6th/7th Core i3/i5/i7 (Intel Skylake full series), Xeon E3 1230V5, Celeron and Pentium series processors. We recommend the G39XX series CPUs, which are ultra-low power and very cost-effective.
- 🛡️ Rich configuration ▷ ▶ Support DDR4 2133/2400/2666/2800/3000 MHZ dual-channel memory slots, can be overclocked, support up to 32GB memory. Onboard HDMI and VGA HD integrated graphics interfaces effectively reduce interface interference. 2 USB 2.0 and 2 USB 3.0 ports to maximize your mining connectivity and speed.
- 🛡️ High quality materials ▷ ▶ The use of high quality PCB board can effectively resist interference while ensuring a silent motherboard with low power consumption and improved lifespan. The motherboard is equipped with multiple sets of voltage regulator capacitors to ensure the safety of your mining machine.
- Note: If you use for i7 series processors, please do not use REG ECC at the same time because they are not compatible with each other.
- And: This platform requires a powerful power supply. Make sure your power supply is sufficient to support this platform.(At least 500w brand power supply)
- Advisors: If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us through Amazon, we will provide you with detailed and easy to understand answers
- Test: All products are tested before shipment to ensure good performance.
- DDR4: Support 4 DDR4 2133/2400/2800 memory, support 32GB maximum.( For more parameters, please see the detailed description)
- ※LGA 2011 socket: This computer motherboard is equipped with X79 server chip, supporting Intel Xeon E5 V1/V2 and Core i7 series CPU. (E.g Xeon E5 4650, Xeon E5-2640 v2, Xeon E5 2670 v2, Core i7 3930K, i7 4960X, etc.)
- ※M.2 hard disk interface: This X79 gaming motherboard is equipped with an interface compatible with NVME M.2 and NGFF M.2 hard drives. Using NGFF M.2 hard disk, the reading speed can reach 550MB/s, and using NVME M.2 hard disk, the theoretical bandwidth can reach 4GB/s.
- ※7+1 phase capacitors: 7+1 phase power supply. High-capacity power supply and 24+8pin power supply ensure that the X79 motherboard can still run programs stably and smoothly even in high-intensity operations.
- ※4 DDR3 memory slots: This LGA 2011 motherboard can support DDR3 ordinary memory and DDR3 ECC server memory, dual-channel design, one-key overclocking, and the maximum memory capacity is 64GB. (Support 800/1280/1333/1600/1866MHz frequency) Note: If you only use two memory, please insert the two memory in the orange slot for use.
- ※High-performance motherboard: This Micro ATX motherboard is made of 8-layer PCB material, which has efficient data transmission and is not easy to break. Onboard PCIe 3.0X16 graphics card slot, two ps/2 dedicated interfaces, Gigabit Ethernet interface, SATA 3.0 slot. It is suitable for many fields such as home, office, design, game and so on.
- Dual Channel Memory: H55M motherboard uses DDR3 dual channel memory, supports 2xDDR3 desktop 800/1066/1333MHz memory slots, does not support ECC memory.
- Stable Power Supply: M ATX motherboard adopts stable and precise power supply, which is evenly distributed, and the heat load of various power supply chipsets improves the performance of the CPU.
- High Definition: Computer motherboards use VGA+ High Definition Multimedia Interface, support digital high definition video output, bring a better visual experience.
- PCB Material: M ATX gaming motherboards are made of PCB material, strong and durable, all solid state panel, long lasting.
- Multi Phase Power Supply: Desktop motherboard can be multi phase power supply, more stable and durable, and supports LGA 1156 core i7/i5/i3 processors.
- Note: If you use for i7 series processors, please do not use REG ECC at the same time because they are not compatible with each other.
- High Performance: This platform requires a powerful power supply. Make sure your power supply is sufficient to support this platform.(At least 500w brand power supply)
- High Quality Material: This product is made of high quality PCB material, strong and durable.
- Exquisite Workmanship: All products are tested before shipment to ensure good performance.
- Support 4 DDR4 2133/2400/2800 Memory: support 32GB maximum.