With so many options available in the market, it is not always easy to choose the right components for your computer setup. Most buyers spend a lot of time researching and reviewing different graphics cards and CPUs when they decide to build a custom gaming setup.
However, it is also very crucial that you look into the different motherboards available in the market.
With that in mind, we bring you the best motherboards for i7 4770k from well-known, promising brands.
List of Top Motherboards for i7 4770k Review
1. Asus Z87 Deluxe LGA Motherboard
The ASUS Z87 Deluxe motherboard is one of the best motherboards out there that are most suited for intel i7 4770k processors. Manufactured by ASUS, the motherboard has LGA 1150 CPU socket type.
It is compatible with personal computers and has a DDR3 (Double Data Rate 3) memory technology in place. The motherboard uses Intel Z87 as its chipset type and has an overall memory speed of 1333 MHz.
The motherboard also comes with impeccable memory storage capacity. It has 32 GB of memory storage. There are four memory slots available within the system. The processor enables four-way optimization and has an incredible 3.0 USB boost.
The motherboard comes with insane graphics power with 4 PCI Express slots which carry dual-slot graphics. Users who are constantly on their computers will find this motherboard especially unique and helpful since it comes with a power supply monitoring system.
The monitoring system keeps the energy flow within the computer in check. This way, you do not overwork your computer.
Networking has been made sufficiently easier with the built-in Intel dual Gigabit LAN. This technology lessens the CPU load by a whopping 43%. The computer, therefore, becomes extremely energy-efficient. The fan control has been customized so the user can control the noise.
Other power-saving features such as reduced energy consumption through a CPU voltage regulator are available. You can choose to turn off the add-on I/O controllers to increase further efficiency.
- Affordable and cost-efficient
- CPU voltage regulator is available
- Incredible BIOS system
- Built-in Intel dual Gigabit LAN
- Impeccable memory storage capacity
- 4 memory slots are available
- Dual-slot graphics
2. MSI Gaming Motherboard
Manufactured by MSI USA, the MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Motherboard is one of the best motherboard options for fellow gamers out there. It belongs to the Z87-G45 Gaming Series and has several specifications and new features that set it apart from the rest.
The MSI Z87-G45 is a Pentium model and has an LGA 1150 CPU socket and is the most compatible with personal computers. It has DDR3 memory and an Intel Z87 chipset type. The motherboard supports DDR3- 3000 (OC) memory. The computer comes with an incredible memory speed that reaches up to 1000 MHz.
The model comes with a serial advanced technology attachment that runs at the speed of 6GB per second. It has a 3.0 USB system in place.
The computer has great auditory and visual specifications. It comes with an audio booster and an authentic-quality audio system.
The ethernet has unblemished speed that provides no scope for lagging. The computer, therefore, comes with great connectivity and networking systems. As a gamer, you do not need to worry about lagging networks anymore!
It comes with an overlocking facility that enables the user to run his/her processor at a relatively higher speed without fretting about increased workload. Needless to say, the model comes with an incredible BIOS(Basic Input/Output System) structure that enables fine-tuning.
The motherboard also comes with a lucid MVP 2.0 Virtu. This technology enables the user to experience unparalleled game reaction timing. The booting system is very fast so you can expect to log in and out of your system within a few seconds.
- Unparalleled game reaction timing
- Fast booting system
- Incredible BIOS
- Overlock system
- High ethernet speed
- 6GB/s SATA
- Incredible memory speed
3. ASRock Pro4 LGA Motherboard
The ASRock Pro4 motherboard is manufactured by the brand ASRock and has a Pentium CPU model. It comes with an Intel LGA 1150 CPU socket and has DDR3 memory technology in place.
The motherboard is compatible with multiple processors, ranging from Intel Celeron to Intel Pentium. The motherboard holds a maximum memory of 32 GB. It has an 8-pin power connector for the main channel. It comes with an Intel H97 chipset memory.
The ASRock motherboard is different from the rest in that it is structured with ASRock Super Alloy and has full-spike protection in place. This spike protection on outer ports saves the computer from lighting and other external damages.
The CPU comes with a 4-phase Digi power design. This provides the computer with pulse-width modulation and ensures that the user enjoys the computer experience thoroughly.
There is a turbo boost technology that enhances computer speed. The turbo booster switches power access according to user demand so when the computer is resting, it efficiently saves a huge amount of energy. This way, the user does not have to worry about excessive power consumption.
There are 6 SATA ports and a Gigabit network controller that provides seamless network channeling. There are two CPU fan connectors and an internal power channel connector for efficient power flow control.
The graphics system is breathtaking and provides a clear auditory and visual experience. However, the ASRock motherboard tends to be a bit on the expensive side and is not easy to set up.
- Energy efficient
- 4-phase Digi power design
- Full-spike protection
- 8-pin power connector
- Gigabit network controller
- Pentium CPU model
- Impeccable graphics
4. Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard (Black Edition)
As the name suggests, the Gigabyte Black Edition motherboard is best suited for those gamers who like to spend a few extra hours on their gaming setups and would like to do so without the fear of extreme CPU workload.
Manufactured by the brand Gigabyte, the GA-Z97X has an LGA 1150 CPU socket and is the most suited for a personal computer setup. It has DDR3 RAM technology in place and is best compatible with the Core i7 CPU model.
The computer provides a good storage capacity, storing up to 1000 MB of memory. It has an Intel Z97 chipset and has a RAM capacity of 32 GB.
The graphics processing unit provides flexible support. This enhanced support paves way for an incredible graphics layout and a satisfactory audio-visual experience. The frame rates provided per second do not lag or overlap. The seamless FPS also does not reduce the graphic resolution of the display.
There is an M2 slot that provides SSD connectivity. The M2 slot provides high-speed connectivity at that, reaching up to 10 GB per second transfer of data. The mSATA and SATA storage offer better storage and speed performance. There are a total of 2 SATA slots.
The motherboard comes with a Gen 5 intel core processor and has a robust and compact exterior design. The board comes with an internal memory connector. It has a PWM in the cooling system so you do not have to worry about the system overheating.
The system provides an unparalleled audio-visual experience. The motherboard is overall very cost-efficient and is very beneficial for the long run.
- Unparalleled audio-visual system
- Robust exterior design
- Internal memory connecting system
- Cost and energy-efficient
- A seamless graphics processing unit
- M2 slot available
- Great storage capacity
5. Asus Z97 Deluxe Motherboard
Manufactured and marketed by ASUS, the Z97 deluxe motherboard comes with an LGA 1150 CPU socket and is the most compatible with personal computers.
The Z97 model has DDR3 RAM technology that provides the ram with a high-speed memory exchange of 6400 MB per second. The computer comes with an Intel Z97 chipset type.
Compared to the other computer systems available in the market, it has a relatively high memory speed of 1600 MHz. The full storage capacity is 8 GB and the RAM has a maximum limit of 32 GB memory.
The CPU has an Intel Core i7 model. The dual-processors pave the way for intelligent processing. They also provide a five-way optimization that allows for a seamless information transaction between the user and the computer.
The motherboard comes with an M2 installment which supports high-speed, efficient data transfer. The M2 transfers data at a speed of 10 GB per second.
There is a turbo boost system in place that boosts up the computer’s performance according to user convenience. The use of a turbo boost controlling system enables the user to continue intense gameplay for a long amount of time.
The computer system is also multifunctional, allowing the user to open a lot of tabs and windows without the fear of lagging.
The system has flawless graphics and seamless audio and visual system that provides you with a surreal gaming experience.
- Seamless audio-visual system
- Surreal graphic gaming experience
- High FPS
- DDR3 RAM technology
- Turbo boost system
- 1600 MHz memory speed
Buyer’s guide to buying the best motherboard for i7 4770k in 2024
You should not hastily choose a motherboard just because it suits your budget and meets the CPU specifications. There is so much more that you should consider before putting your money and effort into building your dream setup.
Since you are building a computer setup from scratch, you should consider the compatibility factor. You cannot put in any random components and assemble them within a CPU frame.
There are two types of processors available in the market i.e. AMD and Intel. Choose a strong processor that can handle your gaming needs. A good processor should be able to do low to high-intensity computer tasks with ease.
We bet you didn’t know that motherboards come in different custom styles and sizes. There are broadly three sizes that motherboards can be categorized into- they are ATX, Micro ATX, and Mini ATX respectively.
Choosing the correct size for your CPU frame is important. This choice is based on your CPU size and the number of components that you wish to fit within it. Most users generally go for compact cases that do not take up extra space.
The number of RAM slots that are available in the motherboard is another important factor to weigh in. Most motherboards these days come with a maximum number of 4 RAM slots.
However, if you are on a budget and choose to have a more compact package then motherboards with four RAM slots are also available in the market. However, we suggest that you invest in a standard motherboard with four RAM slots since it provides an enhanced memory speed.
Connectivity includes various factors, ranging from the fan connector channels to the SATA ports and M2 slots. Most of the products mentioned in this article provide the utmost connectivity and come with full ethernet connectivity control that ensures seamless gameplay and networking experience.
We have carefully listed the motherboard specifications that ensure connectivity in our product descriptions. However, if you still feel the need for more details, check the official websites.
We hope that this article helped you to gain an insight into the different motherboards available in the market. We hope that you find a motherboard that fits your i7 4770k setup.
What is the power supply needed for the i7 4770k?
450 watts is enough to withhold the i7 4770k stock. However, if you are considering frequent overclocking, consider moving the power supply up a notch.
This is because overclocking makes your computer work at a higher speed and enables it to endure a resource-intensive workload. Since the computer is consuming a considerable amount of energy, a 500 watts power supply should be enough.
How much RAM is required for gaming?
Most games that are out in the market today at least require 8GB of RAM for efficient gameplay. However, we suggest that you get 16 GB of memory for a seamless gameplay experience.
Which is better, AMD or Intel?
AMD and Intel are the best processor options in the market. However, AMD processors provide more efficiency than the Intel Core series.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- has a low-noise AI cooling function, which balances heat and acoustics by reducing the fan speed and maintaining a temperature difference of 5 degrees Celsius
- Proprietary wiring layout allows memory kits to run at lower voltages and higher frequencies to maximize system performance
- Lengthen the heat dissipation cover and enlarge the heat dissipation area, even high-end processors can run at full speed
- Adopt high-quality layout and optimized power supply design to support more cores and provide better performance
- The radiator enhances the passive cooling capacity of key vehicle components, allowing your system to operate reliably under heavy loads
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors.Wireless & Bluetooth: 2x2 Tri-Band Intel Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax/az + BT5.2
- AI Motherboard : AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking and AI noise cancelation
- Robust Power Solution: 14plus2 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: VRM and aluminum I/O heatsink, L-shaped heatpipe, Triple onboard M.2 heatsinks, including an M.2 backplate for improved cooling for PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot
- High-performance Gaming Networking: On-board Intel WiFi 6E AX210 and dual Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- Features best-in-class graphics performance in a desktop processor for smooth 1080p gaming, no graphics card required
- 6 Cores and 12 processing threads, bundled with the AMD Wraith Stealth cooler
- 4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 19 MB cache, DDR4-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform
- English (Publication Language)
- 🖥️【LGA 1150 Motherboard】The gaming motherboard supports Intel 4th gen processor (Core i7/i5/i3/Pentium/Celeron/E3 series) with LGA 1150 CPU socket, e.g. i5 4570, i5 4690k, i7 4790, i7 4790k, etc.
- 🖥️【Dual-channel DDR3】The Intel LGA1150 motherboard supports dual-channel DDR3 memory, 1333/1600/1866MHz frequency type, the maximum memory capacity is 32GB (4*8GB).
- 🖥️【High-speed Interface】The computer motherboard for Intel i3 i5 i7 supports M.2 protocol, NVME and SATA mode automatic switching. And it is equipped with 1 PCIe x16 3.0, 1 PCIe x1 2.0, 2 PCI, 3 SATA 3.0.
- 🖥️【High-definition Display Interface】This gaming motherboard is equipped with VGA, DVI and HDMI-compatible high-definition multimedia transmission interface, the transmission rate can reach 48Gbp/s.
- 🖥️【Ultimate Network Speed】The lga 1150 DDR3 motherboard with RJ45 gigabit network interface, RTL8111K network card chip, the maximum network transmission rate can reach 1000bps/s, bringing an extremely fast and smooth online gaming network.
- Intel Core i7 3.60 GHz processor features Socket LGA-1700 socket for installation on the PCB,25 MB of L3 cache to boost the instruction processing and system performance
- Intel 7 Architecture enables improved performance per watt and micro architecture makes it power-efficient,To boost graphics and visual quality, the chipset has a built in Intel UHD Graphics controller
- MSI PRO Z690-A Supports 12th Gen Intel Core Pentium Celeron processors for LGA 1700 socket,Supports DDR5 Memory, up to 6400+(OC) MHz
- Lightning Fast Experience: PCIe 5.0 slots, Lightning Gen4 x4 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2x2,Audio Boost: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality,2.5G LAN: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection
- High Quality PCB: 6-layer PCB made by 2oz thickened copper and server grade level material,Premium Thermal Solution: Extended Heatsink Design, MOSFET thermal pads rated for 7W/mk and M.2 Shield Frozr are built for high performance system and non-stop works
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel DDR4 Memory, up to 4400(OC) MHz
- 2x TURBO M.2, Intel Optane Memory Ready. Turbo USB 3.1 GEN2, Extended Heatsink
- Intel CNVi Ready: Supports Intel CNVi Wi-Fi module, IEEE802.11 AC wave2
- Built for esports, streaming, and gaming.Operating system:Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- Chipset: Intel Z97 Express
- Memory: 2x DDR3-3000(OC)/ 2933(OC)/ 2800(OC)/ 2666(OC)/ 2600(OC)/ 2500(OC)/ 2400(OC)/ 2200(OC)/ 2133(OC)/ 2000(OC)/ 1866(OC)/ 1800(OC)/ 1600/ 1333 DIMM Slots, Dual Channel, Non-ECC, Max Capacity of 16GB
- Slots: 1x PCI-Express 3.0 x16 Slot, 1x Mini PCI-Express Slot
- SATA: 6x SATA3 Ports, Support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10
- Intel Z87 LGA 1150
- Support for 4-Way/3-Way/2-Way AMD CrossFire/2-Way NVIDIA SLI Technology
- HDMI*2, Display
- Supports 12th Gen Intel Core Pentium Celeron processors for LGA 1700 socket
- Supports DDR5 Memory
- Premium Thermal Solution: Extended Heatsink Design, MOSFET thermal pads rated for 7W/mk and M.2 Shield Frozr are built for high performance system and non-stop works
- 2.5G LAN with LAN Manager and Intel Wi-Fi 6E Solution: Upgraded network solution for professional and multimedia use. Delivers a secure, stable and fast network connection
- Intel Turbo USB 3.2 Gen 2: Powered by Intel USB 3.2 Gen2 controller, Turbo USB ensures an uninterrupted connection with more stability and fastest USB speeds